For our #FirstWednesdayoftheMonth webinar in March, we welcome Jan Neumann, Project Manager of The OER World Map. Jan will talk about… yes, you guessed right, The OER World Map!
The OER World Map is a directory of the global Open Education Community. Currently it provides information on persons, organisations, services, projects, events and stories. It supports a huge range of possible use cases including finding OER sources as well as connecting projects and experts with another so that efficient sharing of experiences and resources is facilitated. By providing statistics on OER related topics, it also provides a sound operational information basis for policy making and research.
Jan will give an overview of the state of the development of the platform and showcase how scientists working on OER related topics can make use of the OER World Map. Topics to be included will be:
- The OER World Map as a source of primary data for research related to Open Education
- Using Linked Open Data to generated a state of the art reference system
- Which statistics would you need for your research project?
- Linking narratives with OER World Map entries
- Putting your research project to OER World Map
- Developing a list of OER related blogs
All participants are invited to create a profile on the map. Jan and colleagues are very interested in learning how you think the OER World Map could support your research on Open Education, so they are looking forward to your feedback and active participation in the webinar.
The webinar took place on Wednesday, March 1st at 16.00 GMT / 11.00 EST / 08.00 PST.