We are pleased to announce our next webinar speaker. Shironica P. Karunanayaka is a Professor in Educational Technology at the Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL). She was the Dean of the Faculty of Education from 2012 to 2015, and the Head of the Department of Secondary and Tertiary Education from 2006 to 2012. She has been an academic at OUSL since 1993. Prior to that, she was a trained teacher of Science in the secondary school system in Sri Lanka, over a decade. Her research focuses on the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in education; instructional design for enhancing learning and teaching experiences; use of Open Educational Resources (OER) in learning and teaching; and Open Educational Practices (OEP).
Shironica plans to present a brief review on the current ROER4D research study that is being conducted at the Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL), to investigate the impacts of integrating OER in educational practices of student teachers.
- Research methodology adopted in the study– Design-based research (DBR)
- The design and implementation of an intervention, methods of data collection and analysis
- How it had impacted the adoption and uptake of open scholarship among teachers in the Sri Lankan school system in terms of;
– changes in their use of instructional resources
– changes in their pedagogical thinking and
– changes in their pedagogical practices
This webinar is scheduled (as ever) for the first Wednesday of September 2016 – that’s 7th September 2016 at 16.00 GMT / 11.00 EST / 08.00 PST.
Here is a link to Shironica’s presentation slides: Impact of Integration of OER in Teacher Education at Open University of Sri Lanka. The recording of her webinar is available here.