This summer there is no ALT-C conference in the UK but they are running a 2 day online Summer Summit 26-27 August 2020 with keynote speakers such as Helen O’Sullivan, Angela Saini, Charlotte Webb, Bonnie Stewart & Dave Cormier.
We are really proud to have been invited to participate in the GO-GN Gasta session. Gasta is a style of short, engaging presentation and the session will be on 26 August at 17:00 BST. Building on the recent success of #GastaGoesGlobal, this special ‘Crisis & Care’ Gasta session features doctoral researchers from the Global OER Graduate Network (GO-GN) and will be chaired in the best #altc Gasta tradition by Dr Tom Farrelly, Institute of Technology, Tralee (ITT).
Our GO-GN speakers are:
- Deb (@debbaff) is the Membership and Professional Development Manager for the Association for Learning Technology and an active member of the GO-GN community. Debbie is undertaking a PhD at Lancaster University in E Research and Technology Enhanced Learning. Her research interests include personal learning networks, open education practice and the importance of emotional connections in online professional learning.
- Higher Education during COVID times: clues to handle the crisis
- Adjunct Professor at Virtual Teaching and Learning Unit (UnEVA, Nursing Faculty) and member of Open Educational Resources Center (Núcleo REAA). Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- Emergency Remote Education and Trauma-Informed Pedagogy
- Aras Bozkurt is a researcher and faculty member in the Department of Distance Education at Anadolu University, Turkey. He has an MA and PhD in distance education. He conducts empirical studies on online learning through resorting to critical theories including connectivism, rhizomatic learning and heutagogy. He is interested in emerging research paradigms including social network analysis, sentiment analysis and data mining. He shares his views at @arasbozkurt
- Open Educational Practices: Openness as a Source of Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- Michael Paskevicius is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Victoria. His research focuses on learning design practices, the development of digital literacies, and supporting personal knowledge management in an environment of rapid technological change. As an advocate for openness in education, his research explores the integration of open source tools, open educational resources, and the development of open educational practices among educators
- Caring in Practice
- Johanna is a lecturer in Cultural Knowledges in the College of Indigenous Futures, Arts and Society at Charles Darwin University, Australia.
- The privilege of #pivotonline
- Taskeen is a South African who completed her PhD at the University of Cambridge titled ‘Addressing injustices in MOOCs: A study among peri-urban, marginalised South Africa youth’. Alongside her academic pursuits, she pioneered initiatives such as Khwela (a regional online course platform) and Solar Powered Learning in South Africa as well as Mobile Education for Smart Technology in India.
We have booked 20 places for GO-GN members, so if you would like to attend, please fill out this quick form.
Image by ALT – Online Summer Summit 2020