At the ceremony to celebrate the winners of the first edition of the GO-GN Awards in Delft last April, it was announced that from now on the awards will be known as the Fred Mulder Awards, in honour of Fred Mulder, founding father of GO-GN and a truly extraordinary man.
And so it goes that we are happy to invite nominations for the 2019 Fred Mulder Awards for Best Open Education Research Paper and Best Open Research Practice.
To be eligible to receive the Award for Best Open Education Research Paper you must be:
(1) a PhD candidate member or alumni of GO-GN, and
(2) either a single author, co-author with other student member(s), or lead author in a publication that includes your supervisors.
Manuscripts to be considered must:
(1) present a significant and original research perspective in any field of open education, and
(2) have been published after January 2017 either in an open access journal or in such a way that the final version (and not a pre-print) is available to read by everyone and anyone without any kind of restrictions.
Please submit your entry to the Best Open Education Research Paper via this link.
The call for Best Open Research Practice Award is open to all members of GO-GN and will recognise creativity and innovation in open research practices. Think in terms of actions; what do you do that you consider open research? How do you collaborate? How/what/with whom do you share?
Entries in this category must include:
(1) an explanation of how it is considered an open research practice,
(2) an explanation of why you think it is creative and innovative practice, and
(3) a link or links to evidence.
Please submit your entry to the Best Open Research Practice Award via this link.
The recipients of the 2019 Fred Mulder Awards for Best Open Education Paper and Best Open Research Practice will receive the total amount of £1000* in each category.
All entries will be judged by an independent panel of expert researchers in open education.
Entries are limited to one per GO-GN member in each category.
Deadline for submissions closes at 12.00 pm (GMT) on February 1st, 2019.
Winners will be announced in April 2019.
If you are not a member of GO-GN, consider getting involved.
*or equivalent in local currency or vouchers.
Featured image by Willem van Valkenburg, CC BY 2.0